Product information: Pedestals
We make Solid and U-shaped pedestals in different sizes, allowing you to display objects upto 150kg. The openwork pedestal (U-block) can also be used as a wood storage unit. These are wonderful elements for your home or garden, where you can show off your treasured possessions.
The standard material thickness of our Corten Steel Pedestals is 2mm. Corten Steel, also known as weather resistant steel, is a steel alloy made of iron which has copper, silicon, nickel and chromium added. As soon as Corten Steel is exposed to the elements it will naturally weather and develop a protective layer of rust, this can take several months. This natural fixed coating of rust provides protection against further corrosion. Characteristic of Corten Steel is the orange brown rust colour and its longevity.
- Very strong and wear-resistant
- Weatherproof and durable material
- Warm and natural appearance
- Customisation possible (Not for U-block pedestals)
- We only use Corten Steel category A type S355JOWP
- The products are delivered un-rusted
- The products must be unpacked immediately after delivery so any moisture between the packaging and the product is not sealed. This will result in irregular rust and stains.